2nd Cannabis Clinical Trials Congress takes place in London in February
After the first edition, in 2019, the 2nd International Congress of Clinical Trials with Cannabis will take place in London, on the 15th and 16th of February, at the Hilton London Canary Wharf Hotel, in South Quay Square. Organized by BioEvents and endorsed by Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society (Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society – MCCS) the event has a panel of renowned speakers in the area of medical cannabis and still has the abstract and poster submission until next Monday, January 9th.
The event aims to inform about the latest evidence and concepts related to cannabinoid therapy and will help prescribers to implement best practices based on the clinical implications of current research and expert opinion. It will also serve as a platform for the exchange of ideas and practices in cannabinoid medicine. The Cannareporter is media partner of this Congress.
Program and Speakers
The main speakers at the SCHEDULE from CT-Cann2023 are international experts to discuss ways to improve research strategies, new discoveries, practical dilemmas and future paths in a rapidly evolving sector. Aimed not only at MCCS members but also at anyone who wants to learn more about cannabis treatments, the conference will cover basic and clinical methodologies, regulatory and legal issues, pharmacological considerations and technological advances, emphasizing the practical implications for patients, researchers, prescribers and industry.
Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Mike Barnes, Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society, UK;
- Staci Gruber, McLean Hospital Cognitive and Clinical Neuroimaging Core and Marijuana Investigations for Neuroscientific Discovery (MIND), Dept. of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, USA;
- Arun Bhaskar, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, UK;
- Silviu Brill, Institute for Pain Medicine, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel;
- Eliad Davidson, Pain Relief Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Israel;
- David Finn, University of Galway, Ireland;
- Dedi Meiri – Congress Co-Chair, Faculty of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel;
- Haggai Sharon – Co-Chair of Congress, Sagol Brain Institute and Institute of Pain Medicine Tel Aviv Medical Center and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Israel. President of the Israel Pain Association
Last days to submit Abstracts
Congress has been warning of the submission of abstract originals, oral presentation and/or Posters, whose deadline ends next Monday, January 9th, 2023. Topics may include:
- Study of phytocannabinoids – varieties, chemovars, entourage and molecules
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cannabinoids
- Clinical therapy with cannabinoids in various medical specialties; Pain, Gastroenterology, Palliative Care, Psychiatry and Neurology
- New designs for cannabis clinical trials (including pragmatic en=1 trials)
- Clinical Records
- Observational/epidemiological studies: findings, interpretations, plans
- Phase 2/3/4 findings and study projects (including special populations)
- Meta and composite analyzes: findings and methodology
- Regulatory, licensing and development program issues and plans
- Best conduct of cannabinoid testing including GCP and onsite training
- Assessment of safety and adverse effects of cannabinoid drugs
- Clinical trials with psychedelics, theory and practice
Congressional registration costs between £300 and £700 and can be done on this link.
Colombia: Legalization of recreational cannabis is just one debate away from becoming a reality
The First Committee of the Senate of Colombia approved the regulation of cannabis for adult use, in what was its...
Working in the cannabis industry: what jobs are there?
The European cannabis industry is growing and creating jobs in almost all countries, due to regulation...
Carl L. Hart: “Cannabis is a substance that many adults use to relax and as adults we have the right to be autonomous and have freedom of choice”
Psychologist, neuroscientist and professor at the Department of Psychology in Psychiatry at Columbia University in New York (USA), Carl L....
We tested Lynx Hemp's CBD flowers
LYNX – Hemp Products, Ltd. is a Portuguese industrial hemp cultivation company, created in 2021 by Leonardo...
Portugal: Tropical Bud launches new artisanal hemp beer
Tropical is the new private label craft beer from Tropical Bud, which markets hemp and CBD products...
Brazil: STF postpones, once again, judgment on decriminalization
The Federal Supreme Court of Brazil has again postponed the judgment on the decriminalization of drugs in the country. The process...
USA: Hemp Building Institute promotes affordable housing with natural materials
The Hemp Building Institute (HBI) recently announced a new project...
USA: Minnesota is the 23rd state to legalize adult use of cannabis
Minnesota is the latest US state to legalize adult cannabis use, with the new regulation...
Colombia: Lack of quorum postpones seventh debate on the legalization of recreational cannabis
The path towards the legalization of cannabis for recreational purposes in Colombia experienced a ridiculous episode yesterday at the First Constitutional Commission...
Decriminalization of drug possession returns to the Brazilian Supreme Court on June 1
The anticipated debate in the Federal Supreme Court of Brazil, regarding the decriminalization of drugs, was initially scheduled for 24th of...